Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Epic Fail

Hello my name is Kelly and I’m addicted to chewy gummy candy; preferably hot tamales and gummy bears! The first step in overcoming addiction is admitting you have a problem, right? Last night after I finished being good and working out I busted open a box of hot tamales. It wouldn’t have been so bad if it wasn’t almost 11 o’clock and I have no concept of serving size. I stopped myself at a handful and a half but I definitely could’ve eaten the ENTIRE box! Not only did this result in guilt but I also went to bed with a tummy ache. Maybe I’ll learn my lesson some day until then I may or may not have a container of gummy lips in my car’s console.



So last night I ran my 2 miles and walked about 1.5 miles. Day One of half-marathon training was a success! However, the first part of the run was AWFUL! Remember me telling you that I had downloaded a book to listen to while I ran? Well I chose the most somber and monotone book ever. I’m very excited about listening to it but listening to it while I run is a no-go! Epic Fail! Good thing the book was only $5.95 on ITunes. Jared won’t be too mad. Ha-ha

On to the topic of moving. I successfully ganked 20 boxes from work yesterday. Now I just need to start packing them. I think I’m going to start with my desk and then move to closets. Only 17 more days until CLOSING DAY! I’m so excited. Not so much about the actual moving but definitely about having more than one bathroom, no crazy dog above us anymore and our 2 car garage. Life will be good.

This morning I decided to try out Baked Apple Oatmeal. I borrowed the recipe form IGE. Let’s just say it was a little slice of Heaven in my mouth. All you do is combine:

1/3 cup of oats

2/3 cup of milk

Vanilla

Cinnamon

Baked apple (cup up an apple and nuke it for 90 seconds with cinnamon, honey and a splash of water)

*Bake at 375 degrees for 14 minutes
Remove and add brown sugar and chopped almonds or walnuts
*Bake again for another 14 minutes

I think I might add a little Splenda it just wasn’t quite sweet enough but other than that it was AMAZING! Hope everyone has a great day!

xoxo
Kelly

2 comments:

Caroline said...

Gummi Bears are my weakness. That oatmeal sounds yummy. I may have to try it!

Anonymous said...

You HAVE to try "Gummi live savers"!!! They are sooooo good! I buy the little tiny bags, that way if I eat the whole thing, I don't feel so bad. LOL

Your cuz, Kayla

Daisypath Anniversary tickers