Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas Recap

I am officially the worst Christmas Blogger. I managed to not take any pictures over Christmas. My mother who is usually the worst about picture taking was snapping pics like she was the paparazzi. I'll have to steal some from her! Until then here is a brief recap of our Christmas Holiday.

I was very fortunate to be off work Thursday-Sunday. After working a Christmas season in retail I am always grateful for days off during Christmas. Thursday we lounged around and then went to Hope's Christmas Eve Eve Service with Katie and her parents. I think this is definitely getting added to the Franks Family Christmas Traditions. It was truly an amazing service with wonderful music and a great message about the TRUE meaning of CHRISTmas. IT really set the mood for the rest of the weekend. The service concluded with candle lit singing of "Silent Night". I know Jared loved it because that's what his mother used to sing to him every night before bed. I can't say it enough but I really truly enjoy going to church at Hope. I pray that we can become more involved this next year.Afterwards I got to hang out with Jared and Katie and watch the Tigers take on Georgetown. Let's just say I did more socializing than watching the game. I love catching up with Katie G!

Friday we woke up, got ready and headed to the in-laws. It's always a big party. Lots of food and deserts and a little too much alcohol. Once everyone left we opened presents. Our big gift this year was a bike. Jared, Ashlee and I all received mountain bikes to ride on the Green line they opened literally two feet from our backyard. I love that its something Jared and I can do together. I also received some beautiful black and white diamond earring from Ms. Shirley.

Saturday morning we got a late start. I blame that entirely on the alcohol consumption. After breakfast we loaded up our goodies and Mable and headed to my parents. We had a wonderful supper and opened more gifts. We got more than we deserved. I guess we were good this year. The rest of the day was spent lounging and enjoying some much needed family time. It felt so good to sleep in our own bed Saturday night. Let's just say Mable is not a fan of sleeping when she's not at home.

Yesterday Jared and I enjoyed spending the day together. We went to breakfast at Brother Junipers and then picked up a couple of things with our Christmas Money. All in all this was a great Christmas Holiday. It even snowed Saturday and Sunday unfortunately there was no accumulation. :(

0 comments:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers