Sunday, January 9, 2011

Sickness and Snow

This weekend has consisted of a lot of sleep, antibiotics and gross cough syrup. In case you haven't guessed I've been sick since Thursday. I woke Thursday morning with a swollen throat and cold barely breathe out of my nose. Strep Throat crossed my mind first due to the fact that one of my lovely co-workers decided to come to work while she had it. Come on people if you are contagious STAY HOME! So I got ready and still wasn't feeling a hundred percent but I was swamped at work and I knew today wasn't the day to stay home. Oh, I forgot to mention my mom just found out that she had bronchitis and Jared was still under the weather. But apparently guys don't have to go to the doctor...not if you're a married guy! hehehe Once I arrived at work I called my good friend and family nurse practitioner to get this taken care of ASAP. I made an appointment for Jared and myself. 5 prescriptions, one sinus cocktail shot and blood work taken we ruled out strep for both of us however Jared had a bad sinus infection and I had bronchitis. Did I mention I also had a canker sore the size of Montana in my mouth and a stye in my eye. Last week was not my week! I went home and slept from Thursday night until Friday night only waking up to take medicine and eat something in order to take the previously mentioned medicine. Yuck! I don't think I have ever felt that achy and sick! Luckily I had two wonderful nurses; Jared and Mable. Apparently Mable felt like she needed to be right next to me in bed the WHOLE TIME! I'm definitely not complaining. Here are some pictures of my four legged nurse.




The last two were taken while we were trying to get her off the bed so we could throw the sheets in the washer. 


There she is! Probably thinking we are crazy for making her move.


Thank goodness I'm finally feeling better although I would love another day of work. It's currently snowing its butt off outside and it doesn't look like its stopping anytime soon. The school are already out tomorrow. Come on CBRE don't let me down this lady needs to play in the snow!!!

0 comments:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers